[petsc-dev] broken TS example related to Jacobian and coloring etc.

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 15 01:03:01 CDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> But you've just told me that ONLY ts is allowed to use the
> SNESSetJacobian() context slot (coloring and presumably users) aren't
> allowed to.

Not at all. I mean that coloring as produced internally by SNES should not
ascribe special meaning to that field being NULL or not. You could perhaps
have -snes_fd_color create an empty coloring object and put it into the
callback slowt. We should perhaps support destructors for function/Jacobian
contexts.