[petsc-dev] YAML patch

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Aug 8 10:04:00 CDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Sean Farley <sean at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> The existing, but non working, function is called PetscOptionsInsertFile_YAML. I just kept its name without checking the petsc developer style guide. My mistake.
>>
>> The attached patch fixes this issue.
>
> "There is a limit of 128,000 char on the file length." … What? The old
> function had a (temporary) limit of 128,000 characters *per line* but
> both approaches should be using Petscgetline().

Unless I am proven wrong, it seems that the old function also had a limit of 0 char it would _actually_ parse.

src/sys/objects/options.c:388
    /* Warning: assume a maximum size for all options in a string */
    ierr = PetscMalloc(128000*sizeof(char),&vstring);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    vstring[0] = 0;

This needs to be fixed too, then.

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA