[petsc-dev] MatAXPY with DIFFERENT_NONZERO_PATTERN

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 20 07:23:46 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 05:18, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did someone intend to fix this, and then
> stop? MatAXPY_BasicWithPreallocation() is the same as MatAXPY_Basic().

Look how it's called. I don't know what's going on here.

    ierr = MatAXPYGetPreallocation_SeqAIJ(yy->A,xx->A,nnz_d);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = MatAXPYGetPreallocation_SeqAIJ(yy->B,xx->B,nnz_o);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = MatMPIAIJSetPreallocation(B,0,nnz_d,0,nnz_o);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    ierr = MatAXPY_BasicWithPreallocation(B,Y,a,X,str);CHKERRQ(ierr);