[petsc-dev] What is this?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 11 07:39:49 CDT 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, at 6:38 AM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/changeset/ee2a81f77333
>
> I wanted all those braces. I have braces around every if clause, no exceptions.

   Why? They are confusing and serve no useful purpose. None of the rest of the code has them. Do you want them in all the code? And on the same line as the SETERRQ? Not indented on a separate line like all the other clauses?

   We really have to switch to use some programmable pretty printer so everyone can have their favorite styles in the Emacs buffer but there is a canonical version in the repository.

   Barry