[petsc-dev] How do you get RIchardson?

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:58:18 CDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 00:31, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You cannot write a Newton that does what I want.
>

> Sure you can, just solve with the identity (i.e. short-circuit the solve).
> See earlier emails in this thread.

Okay, to summarize

  1) You think we should have this class,

  2) you agree that it is a Picard iteration,

  3) but you want it called something else

I have produced earlier citations than those calling partial linearization
Picard (which I think it flatly
wrong and historically blind). I will look for the original Picard citation.

lead.