[petsc-dev] Problem mixing sieve and TS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 27 00:54:32 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 23:40, Paul Sicsic <paul.sicsic at polytechnique.edu>wrote:

> I have attached the output of valgrind for a run with no options

You can do this run in a debugger with the option -fp_trap. It will break at
the first place where a denormal or NaN is computed.

> and for a run with the options you have recommended earlier.

The X you passed in is not a valid Mat (we could see that from the earlier
call). More specifically, according to valgrind, it is uninitialized memory.
The shift is still infinite coming into this function, which I don't
understand.

>From the singularity at 0, it looks like perhaps the initial time step size
is being set to zero. Next time you get a stack trace, can you on
ts->time_step?