[petsc-dev] size of PetscInt without grepping include

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 18 18:03:42 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 17:54 -0500, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> You would need the whole BuildSystem in order to interpret it (and
> maybe the PETSc parts as well).

Right, which defeats the purpose of having a python module that gets
installed with PETSc to read/write binary files from python.

I guess the way to get this info is to parse both petscconf.h and
petscvariables to pull out datatypes used in the binary files.  The
matlab scripts doing binary IO require you to know this ahead of time,
but that seems a little silly when we should be able to get this info
from the installation.  I just assumed that all of this would be defined
somewhere in petscvariables.

Ethan

--