[petsc-dev] why have all this stuff

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 14 10:27:21 CDT 2011

>  Why have all this stuff?
>
>  http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/49c718f99df2
>
>   Why not build into the PETSc C code and structures any (small) additional
> stuff needed to do all this? Why create another entirely new duplicate
> structure in python to do it?

How else would Matt build and run it in builder{,2}.py? :-P Looks like he
wants to get rid of 'make runex19_{1,2,3}' Is there any particular reason
for this, Matt (besides hating on 'make')? Quickly glancing at this
changeset, I don't see anything that would preclude this from being a 'make
runbenchmark' using standard make, awk, sed, etc.