[petsc-dev] shared libraries auto-rebuild

Richard Katz richard.katz at earth.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 05:15:43 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Just tried to compile my code on an Oxford cluster and got this error message:

Shared libs in /system/software/hal/lib/PETSc/petsc-3.2-p3/icc-2011/lib are out of date, attempting to rebuild.
Unable to rebuild shared libraries; you do not have write permission.
Libraries were built by user mihai; please contact him/her to have them rebuilt.

This version of PETSc was freshly downloaded and installed, so I don't think that the libraries are actually out of date.

What do you mean by "out of date"?  How do you check?  Is it possible to turn this feature off?

Thanks,
Rich