[petsc-dev] VecNestSetSubVec for VecNest.

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:55:58 CDT 2011

Attached is a test file with a routine VecNestSetSubVec to modify a
block of a Nest vector after initial creation. This functionality does
not exist as of now and this is my first crack at it. The test_vec_ops
also has several variations of tests and all of them pass currently.
The function VecSize_Nest_Recursive_duplicate, as the name suggests is
a duplicate of "VecSize_Nest_Recursive" private routine in vecnest.c

If you find something wrong, do let me know. Feel free to
modify/optimize the routine as necessary as I feel it could use some
level of recursion but I can't see it as of now. If the functionality
is acceptable, perhaps the routine could be added to VecNest
implementation.

Thanks,
Vijay