[petsc-dev] -snes_ls_monitor option broken?

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 12 10:21:58 CDT 2011

I am trying to debug a diverged line search issue and am having trouble
getting line search progress output. In the recently revised line search
code, the progress is shown via PetscViewerASCIIPrintf statements. The
-snes_ls_monitor option looks like a boolean value but snes->ls_monitor
is a viewer. Is there a bug in setting up the ls_monitor viewer or do I
need to do more than just invoke -snes_ls_monitor to turn on reporting
the line search progress?

Thanks,
Brad