[petsc-dev] Handling DM local functions with TS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 12 06:09:58 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 01:10, Nathan Collier
<nathaniel.collier at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jed,
>
> I would talk to Lisandro about this. In our PETSC-nurbs code he
> implemented a few additional routines that let us approximate
> jacobians by coloring. I am not sure of the difference between this
> and what you want but maybe he has it done. The extra routines are in
> fdcolor.c and the usage is in NavierStokesKorteweg2D.c. Basically we
> have to get the SNES out of the TS and then set a few things.

Thanks Nathan. I should clarify that my question was not about how the user
can set this up (indeed, I made it work this way and there are a bunch of
examples now), but rather about how to make it happen automatically and
especially, how to compose correctly with geometric multigrid.