[petsc-dev] features of GAMG

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:25:29 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying different AMG (sequential) solvers as black-boxes
preconditioners for almost incompressible elasticity in 3d with spectral
elements; specifically, ML and HYPRE (both called from PETSc), but they
don't provide good results (at least using them via the PETSc interface). I
wish to test for new GAMG preconditioner from actual petsc-dev.

I wish to test the solver either with essential boundary conditions on one
face, or with pure neumann boundaries. Can you (I think Mark Adams is the
one I'm talking with) give my some hints on the customization of the
preconditioner?

Regards,
--
Stefano