[petsc-dev] Bug in petsc-dev?

Thomas Witkowski thomas.witkowski at tu-dresden.de
Tue Mar 22 11:08:33 CDT 2011

Could some of you test the very small attached example? I make use of
the current petsc-dev, OpenMPI 1.4.1 and GCC 4.2.4. In this environment,
using 4 nodes, I get the following output, which is wrong:

[3] BCAST-RESULT: 812855920
[2] BCAST-RESULT: 450385
[1] BCAST-RESULT: 450385
[0] BCAST-RESULT: 450385

The problem occurs only when I run the code on different nodes. When I
start mpirun on only one node with four threads or I make use of a four
core system, everything is fine. valgrind and Allinea DDT, both say that
everything is fine. So I'm really not sure where the problem is. Using
PETSc 3.1-p8 there is no problem with this example. Would be quite
interesting to know if some of you can reproduce this problem or not.
Thanks for any try!

Thomas