[petsc-dev] broken petsc-dev related mesh?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 12 14:08:11 CST 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 20:52, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>  I removed the file. There is DMLocalToGlobalBegin/End()
>
> That is not the same at all, it involves communication while DALocalToGlobal() did not.

   From the docs: if INSERT_VALUES then no parallel communication is used,

   My hope was that all reasonable possible approaches to localtoglobal could be handle via a single DMLocalToGlobalBegin/End() interface.  I admit it may be consider slightly cumbersome for some cases but I considered those cases rare enough that in the interest of not having a million different functions to do similar things with local to global I could live with the cumbersomeness.

   If I am totally wrong this can be revisited but I have to be shown to be wrong.

>   Can't you do this with LOC=/someotherplacewhere you are putting docs
>
> I typically run with LOC=$PETSC_DIR/docs, but makefile.html and all the *.c.html still go in the source tree ($PETSC_DIR/src/...). I would prefer to have them go where LOC points instead of necessarily next to the source files themselves.

  I apologize, I thought they went with LOC, yes I concur with you that should be fixed.