[petsc-dev] Integrating PFLOTRAN, PETSC & SAMRAI

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Jun 7 13:42:26 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 20:41, Boyce Griffith <griffith at cims.nyu.edu> wrote:

> Nope; to keep SAMRAI stuff working like regular SAMRAI stuff, the ghost
> values wind up in the middle of the vector.  At least with the standard data
> types, local data storage, including ghost cells, for each patch is
> contiguous.

That's what I figured. Do you access multiple patches at the same time, or
do you usually get a patch with ghost values set, compute on that patch,
then move to the next one? If the latter, the iterator should be able to
pull out of contiguous storage into a patch-local space.