[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #80119] Re: make install broken on unix?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 21 21:49:47 CDT 2011

  Brad.

     As a tmp fix I have changed the directory name to pythonscripts so your nightly tests should work again.  Thanks for letting use know about the problem.

    Barry

Barry-

Your debugging info helped. The problem is that PETSc now wants to install PetscBinaryRead.py in $prefix/bin/python, but the python interpreter is also installed to $prefix/bin (we install everything we need for PyLith to $prefix) so $prefix/bin/python is the Python interpreter not a directory. Installing PetscBinaryRead.py to a directory called $prefix/bin/python seems like a bad idea to me.

Brad