[petsc-dev] worthless information

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:47:12 CDT 2011

I've personally liked the WAF build system
(http://code.google.com/p/waf/) based on python for most of my work.
It is simple and easily extensible. Getting the compilers behind the
mpi* wrappers is as simple as running the python code below:

	import re
	t = 'mpicc'
	s = Popen([t, '--version'], stdout=PIPE).stdout.read()

And that is assuming all the compilers do provide a --version option.
As far as I know, most of them do. I could be wrong..