[petsc-dev] description and mansec in PetscHeaderCreate()

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 25 19:32:09 CDT 2011

I wanted (a) only one -help output per object and (b) more structured
options for objects, so I added two fields to _p_PetscObject:

char *description; /* long description of the object */
char *mansec; /* manual section for more information about the object */

These correspond to two new arguments to PetscHeaderCreate().

Then I made a new function PetscObjectOptionsBegin(PetscObject) that handles
printing only once (through a flag in _p_PetscObject) and fills out the
correct description and man sections.

I'm most of the way done with implementing this, but speak up if you think
it's a bad idea.