[petsc-dev] TS creating SNES for explicit method

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 14 17:50:58 CDT 2011

On Aug 14, 2011, at 5:44 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 17:16, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Ok, I will unfix that one then :-(
>
> It's in the "explicit" directory. If we're not sharing code amongst these implementation classes and not looking at it for semantic meaning, shouldn't we just remove this level of directories?

   My fault. I forgot about those directories.

   In the long run when we can compose TS methods as easily as we can compose PCs today then this distinction of implicit/explicit becomes irrelevant but for now I'd keep the explicit and implicit directories. For the old folks who cannot grok universal compossibility of methods :-)

  Barry