[petsc-dev] Monitor changes

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 13 17:30:36 CDT 2011

On Aug 13, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 17:19, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>  Matt,
>
>   What did I break? I didn't intend to change any "short" that is used in testing.
>
> http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/db8ec2efa042
>
> The solver parameters shouldn't be a reproducibility problem because they generally aren't computed values, but I'd rather not see all those zeros.

   These are NOT monitor routines, they are view routines. I think all the changes are in order and were needed. Yes we have to fix our testing process so one doesn't need to constantly change the output files.

    The reason you see all those zeros is because of the damn lack of proper support for formatting options for __float128 precision. I couldn't leave the %G in some places because with __float128 you get garbage print out.  If you want you can change the %14.12e in the SNES view to %g but then you will need to update the output file yuck.