[petsc-dev] backport setup.py to release-3.1

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:20:53 CDT 2010

On 16 September 2010 20:09, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> How could I know? If any of my codes works in Apple, I would say it is
>> just for accident :-). Anyway, I expect to workaround any issue.
>
>  How shall I test it? Remember I need line by line instructions :-)

Give me some time to push my new setup.py and manage the merge in
-dev, and I'll let you know how to test 3.1.

For petsc-dev, you can try this:

cd $PETSC_DIR

python setup.py sdist

pip-python install --install-option=--home=$HOME dist/petsc-3.2.dev0.tar.gz

Next, go $HOME/lib/python/petsc and inspect the stuff in include and
lib. Perhaps you could setenv PETSC_DIR=$HOME/lib/python/petsc and
unset PETSC_ARCH, and try to run 'make test' in the full source tree.
And remember that Fortran stuff is disabled.

PS: mpi4py now contains info about mpicxx and mpif90. Perhaps I should
I use them, in the near future we could have f2py wrappers to Fortran
routines involving PETSc objects... Python is so slow for number
crunching...

--
Lisandro Dalcin