[petsc-dev] backport setup.py to release-3.1

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:18:28 CDT 2010

I've managed to backport setup.py to release-3.1. It does not require
any change to BuildSystem or install.py, as I'm simply using
os.system() to spawn configure, make and install. Matt agreed that we
could add setup.py to release-3.1 (as it would not break anything),
and then get the beast working right now. As a plus, this could also
be done with SLEPc and slepc4py.

Other far less intrusive alternative would be to just upload PETSc
(and SLEPc) tarballs to PyPI containing my setup.py. Then nothing have
to be done with current PETSc and SLEPc releases. What do you think?

--
Lisandro Dalcin