[petsc-dev] Why is -I$PETSC_DIR/src/dm/mesh/sieve in CLINKER even when configured without Sieve?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Oct 12 13:18:38 CDT 2010

Not having to rebuild for subminor releases of dependencies is a big deal
for distro packages. At least the disable auto flags permit packagers to set
this up without overly messy hacks.

Jed

On Oct 12, 2010 6:48 PM, "Satish Balay" <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Jed Brown wrote:

> This also isn't specific to me, every one of your configure.logs is
equally
> relevant. I get Sat...
One more case: where one uses diferent version of gcc vs gfortran [or
g77] - or one of these are installed in a different location.

For eg: on Mac - gfortran paths are totally different than gcc paths.

> So unless someone writes a special case for matching vendors, these
> paths will always exist. ...
We've always maintained that one should configure/rebild after
changing any parameters. So compiler version upgrade is one
such. [yeah lot of changes usually work, but the ones that don't work
-generate petsc-maint requests. Also if this is truly an issue - then
I think the following [with the correct minima LIBS option] is a
workarround for such folks - so the situation isn't too bad..

'--with-clib-autodetect=0 --with-fortranlib-autodetect=0
--with-cxxlib-autodetect=0 LIBS=-lgfortran...
Satish