[petsc-dev] hg subrepo for BuildSystem?

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 11 13:46:12 CDT 2010

> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Subrepositories?action=show&redirect=subrepos
>
> The downside is that subrepos don't seem to work in a sane way with most
> mercurial commands, despite being officially supported for over a year.
>  Perhaps the most dangerous is that "hg outgoing" does not show outgoing
> patches in subrepos, but they would be pushed by hg push.  Maybe it's far
> too buggy to be useful, but it is slightly annoying to always have to handle
> BuildSystem separately.  Thoughts?

As to having just followed this link to try out the subrepo progress, I just
want to point out that item (4) "Wanted Feature per Command" is not
implemented fully yet. Even doing 'hg status' won't show changes in
subrepos. I believe as of two weeks ago (or so) this might be in the
development version of mercurial. I haven't tried it out yet because of
time.

Sean