[petsc-dev] SILO

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue Oct 5 11:21:16 CDT 2010

On 05/10/2010, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> It worked in 1998. I put it in. It has not worked since then. Want to help resurrect it?
> I would like to use Visit.
>
>    Matt

We have a PETSc application that works with structured meshes and DA's. We use SILO to write the mesh and the field variables, and display them later in VisIt.

We wrote a few routines that do this. We could contribute them to PETSc, and help test the interface. We could also help adding more functionality, provided that you don't want to be too ambitious (probably you are thinking about the Mesh object).

Jose