[petsc-dev] field split/schur complement, incompressible flow

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed May 12 14:39:58 CDT 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:34:32 -0300, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 May 2010 16:23, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I guess I have no problem with this if:
> >   a) Its completely backwards compatible with the options-style
> >   b) the YAML part is not going to break the build
> > This will likely mean revamping the Options*() API.
> >

> 1)  Are we going to grab a YAML parser from elsewere?

That's what I had in mind.

> 2) JSON (being a subset of YAML) would not be enough?

It would for this purpose, but I think the key feature of YAML is it's
ability to represent relational data without duplication.  Since people
write options files by hand, it would be nice to avoid duplication.

> I agree with Matt.

Thanks, I'll do it this way.

Jed