[petsc-dev] adding comm argument to PetscError() and friends

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 6 21:16:41 CDT 2010

   I'd like to add a MPI_Comm as the first argument to PetscError() and friends.

   In this way, if the same error is known over all the communicator ranks it can print just one nice error message and stack instead of spewing out many of the same messages all over the place.

   Does anyone object to this?

   It does mean for each SETERRQXXX() we call we need to select the correct comm that is passed in. I will do all that, worst case just use MPI_COMM_SELF for some and get the same effect as today.