[petsc-dev] Increase PETSCSTACKSIZE?

Jed Brown jed at 59a2.org
Tue May 4 15:42:18 CDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 15:12:28 -0500, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, this also pisses me off that we have to say this. Does anyone
> have a vote for system to use for dependency creation? gcc is not an
> option since I think coding something for only 1 platform is useless
> for us.

Note that icc, clang, and xlc recognize the same -M* options as gcc (XLC
only implements a subset).  In some sense, the only guaranteed-correct
way to generate dependencies is with a real preprocessor, consider

  #include <someheader.h>
  #if defined SOME_MACRO
  #  include <otherheader.h>
  #endif

I realize that not all compilers offer this feature, but I suspect that
compilers that cannot generate dependencies are rare on a development
box.  In the other cases, the pessimal assumption (i.e. the current one)
could be made.

Jed