[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #43201] Questions about TS functionality.

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 15 14:09:09 CDT 2010

    Mike,

     The TS component is rapidly evolving so it is a bit hard to say
exactly what is supported and how well.

     We hope to concentrate a lot of effort on making TS more general
(including some DAE support) and with better methods.

     Your feedback on specifically what you need and how you would
like to provide (write) your code would be very helpful to use as we
improve/rewrite/redesign TS.

     Yes, the limitations you point out have always been in TS, we
hope to improve this. I'm sending this out to our development mailing
list.

    Barry