[petsc-dev] [GPU] Performance on Fermi

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 27 19:00:03 CDT 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Keita Teranishi wrote:

> Jed,
>
> I usually manually edit petscconf.h and petscvariables to change the installation configurations for Cray XT/XE.   The problem is configure script of PETSc picks up wrong variables and #define macros because the OS and library setting on the login node is different from the compute node.

   Keita,

     We would prefer that you complain to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov so that we can fix configure problems and not have anyone editing the generated files.

   Barry

   1) so that it works for all users not just those that know how to edit those files. We cannot fix problems we don't know about

    2) editing those files repeatedly is fragile and it is easy to make a slight mistake that's hard to track down.