[petsc-dev] Problem with petsc-dev

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 27 11:13:56 CDT 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Keita Teranishi wrote:

> Satish,
>
> Thanks.  I do not see any mercurial package for SUSE, let me try if it works.

source install of mercruial is pretty easy

cd mercurial
python setup.py install --prefix=/foo/bar

[instructions say - use PYTHONPATH - but I like to hardcode it in 'hg'
script] i.e edit /foo/bar/bin/hg and add the following at the very
begining [where mercurial uses a different value of pythonXX -
depending on the python version on your machine]

import sys
sys.path.insert(0,'/foo/bar/lib/pythonXX/site-packages/')

Satish