[petsc-dev] no module named cmakegen

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Aug 23 17:03:43 CDT 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:42:05 +0000, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you explain the logPrint() problem? It is not quite clear. I tried
> to be careful that Framework was picklable.

If I set self.logPrint = <some-function> in the PETScMaker object of
cmakeboot.py, this attribute propagates into self.framework (which I
only want to access as read-only).  I'd actually prefer to make a deep
copy just to be sure that nothing in cmakeboot.py propagates out, but
don't know how to do that.  Anyway, the result is that any attribute of
the PETScMaker object needs to be pickleable because it will find it's
way into framework, and then configure.py won't be able to finish.

Note that the second paragraph has no deep consequences to this thread,
it just explains why I write

  PETScMaker(petscdir,petscarch,argDB,framework).cmakeboot(args,logPrint)

instead of

  PETScMaker(petscdir,petscarch,argDB,framework,logPrint).cmakeboot(args)

Jed