[petsc-dev] using consistant username for commits

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 19 13:56:10 CDT 2010

Currently some of us let hg choose the 'username' automatically in our
commits. Some of us use 'username=value' in our ~/.hgrc - which is
consistant - but each of us have a different format here..

petsc:/homes/balay>cat ~/.hgrc
[ui]
verbose=true
username=balay at mcs.anl.gov
editor=emacs -nw

Should we adopt a consistant naming convention for commits? Perhaps
the following notation? [which would imply - I should change mine as
well]

user:        Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org>

thanks,
Satish

-------------------
asterix:/home/balay/tmp/petsc-dev>hg log | grep 'user:' | head -100 | sort | uniq
user:        balay at mcs.anl.gov
user:        Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
user:        Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov>
user:        hong at hmacair2010.local
user:        hong at hzhangmac.mcs.anl.gov
user:        hong at vis-v410v166.mcs.anl-external.org
user:        hzhang
user:        hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
user:        Jed Brown <jed at 59A2.org>
user:        Matt Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>
user:        Shri at dhcp147.swwn2.iit.edu
user:        Shri at mcswl134.mcs.anl.gov
user:        Shri at mcswl156.mcs.anl.gov