[petsc-dev] automatic preconditioners for Stokes type problems?

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 5 09:45:10 CDT 2010

Jed brings up good points about false negatives, there are also false
positives to worry about.  This is a bad idea, at least as a default
solver.

That said, there is work on "adaptive" solvers like bootstrap AMG and
using machine learning to formalize what it sounds like Barry is
driving at.  Perhaps make a '-ksp_type black_box' solver type where
you put any heuristics methods like this.  (this would require the KSP
method to change the PC method which is ugly...)

Mark