Prefix for DACreate

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:04:07 CDT 2009

Okay, this was more work than I thought, but I have converted DA over to the
new
scheme. I pushed last night, so whoever is on log duty, send me the errors.

Everyone should start using

  DACreate()
  DASet...()
  DASetFromOptions() or DASetType()

I made the dimension part of the type, but this can be argued about. My
rationale was
that it is an artifact of implementation that we have DA_1d, etc., and we
have ADDA
already (which is not yet converted).

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Jed Brown <jed at 59a2.org> wrote:

> On Sat 2009-02-21 15:45, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> > I will do it, but it will have to wait for weekend after next since I
> have to
> > go the SIAM CS&E.
>
> Great, there's no rush.  This was just a design weakness that we worked
> around years ago but for which a more elegant and consistent solution
> exists.
>
> Jed

lead.