Should BuildSystem download updated external packages when they are out of date?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 2 09:52:30 CDT 2009

I think some packages don't match tarball names with the dir-name. So
one stratergy is to stash the tarball name somewhere [inside the
extracted dir]

And then - use this info to check for a match - the next time
configure is run..

We do make some updates of tarballs without changing the tarball
names. These updates wouldn't be caught though..

Satish