Should BuildSystem download updated external packages when they are out of date?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 2 09:36:29 CDT 2009

    This is easy enough if we have a way of knowing the package is
"out of date". We could do it based on if the directory name matches
the base part of the tarball file name that is being downloaded. This
would work if the directory name is always the same as the base part
of the tarball file name. Is this true?

    Then simply write a short message to the screen saying deleting
old version, python unlink it and proceed as normal.

    Barry