C/F blas/lapack (tying to build in cygwin)

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 21 18:05:47 CDT 2009

    The cblaslapack binding does not, in general, match any particular
Fortran compiler, thus calling cblaslapack from some Fortran compiler
might not work. To prevent this situation we have the check that you
hit below.

    It would be good to figure out why gfortran could not handle the f-
blas-lapack and fix it, please send us the configure.log file if you
still have it.

    Barry

One could argue that we shouldn't worry about this and let the user
screw themselves but generally our model is to make it difficult for
PETSc users to screw themselves.