eliminating a cause of my recent rant and argument with Matt

Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Dec 15 16:18:10 CST 2009

>     I suggest we can the syntax for 2) and consistently use --known-
> mpi-shared --known-sizeofint=8 etc everywhere in help and BuildSystem.
> It makes things much clearer and can prevent loads of confusion.
>
>     This is likely not compatible with how autoconf does things. Do
> they have a similar split and different names? Is there anything we
> can copy from their approach? Do we care?

Would you not consider using a perfectly decent autoconf-like construct
such as, in the MPI case,

--with-known-mpi-shared

given that it is with the knowledge of the shared MPI that you are
building ?

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971