ML with OpenMPI

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:11:54 CDT 2008

Well, then that would mean that I was using ML through PETSc in
PARALLEL runs with no MPI support !!! Do you believe that scenario is
possible?

Looking at ML configure script and generated makefiles, in them there
is a line saying>

DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H

Do you have that line? Next, this $(DEFS) is included in compiler
command definition.

Additionally, I did

$ nm -C libml.a | grep MPI

and undefined references to the MPI functions appered as expected.

Sorry about my insinstence, but I believe we need to figure out what's
exactly going on.

--
Lisandro Dalcín