config/configure.py -> configure?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 17 14:16:35 CDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 1:09 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> And the reason we want to promote usage of ./config/bgp-ibm-opt.py
> notation is so that we we don't have users creating shell scripts with
> configure options in them.

    What is the proceedure that people use when configureing for
packages
based on autoconf. Do they "create shell scripts with configure
options in them"?
Do they always just magically type them at the command prompt properly?
Do they never use more than 1 or 2 options?

    If we could support the same way that this is done with autoconf
packages
that would improve a users experience with PETSc.