config/configure.py -> configure?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 17 13:09:25 CDT 2008

The primary reason we have ./config/configure.py [instead of
./configure] is due to the presence of ./config/bgp-ibm-opt.py etc
scripts which use ./config/configure.py

So now usage of ./config/configure.py or ./config/bgp-ibm-opt.py is
consistant.

We can have ./configure as a link to ./config/configure.py [at the
cost of making the user interface of ./configure vs
./config/bgp-ibm-opt.py inconsistant]

And the reason we want to promote usage of ./config/bgp-ibm-opt.py
notation is so that we we don't have users creating shell scripts with
configure options in them.

Satish