Request related to SLEPc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 12 11:16:46 CST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Satish Balay wrote:

> > A simple workaround would be that PETSc's configure (or make install) would
> > add a variable (e.g. PETSC_ARCH_NAME) in file petscvariables. We parse this
> > file so the arch name would be readily available even if $PETSC_ARCH is
> > undefined.
>
> Currently  PETSC_ARCH_NAME is defined in petscconf.h - but It should be possible
> to add to petscvariables also..

Ok - I pushed this change to add PETSC_ARCH_NAME to petscvariables.

I'm guessing you need this value to create SLEPC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH_NAME
- where slepc config is dumped.

One potential issue: Do you let users have a non-prefix install of
slepc with a prefix install of PETSc? [I think this can get nasty :(]

Satish