Request related to SLEPc

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Fri Dec 12 09:01:20 CST 2008

SLEPc's configure.py uses the value of $PETSC_ARCH in order to setup
everything for installation. We never had a $SLEPC_ARCH variable
because our configure.py does not add platform-dependent functionality.

Now the problem comes when PETSc has been configured with --prefix and
installed with make install. In that case, $PETSC_ARCH is no longer
available and SLEPc's configure.py is in trouble.

A simple workaround would be that PETSc's configure (or make install)
would add a variable (e.g. PETSC_ARCH_NAME) in file petscvariables. We
parse this file so the arch name would be readily available even if
$PETSC_ARCH is undefined.

Can someone do this? Other solutions are welcome.

Thanks,
Jose