more comments about new build system

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:18:57 CDT 2007

Barry,

What about putting 'conf' inside '$PETSC_ARCH/lib'

In the build directory, arch specific 'conf' dir will be in

$PESC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/lib/conf

In the install directory, it will be

'$PETSC_PREFIX/lib/conf'

In such a case, perhaps you can use 'petsc' instead of 'conf'. I am
taking here python as example, in my box I have under '/usr/lib'

/usr/lib/libpython2.4.so -> libpython2.4.so.1.0
/usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0
/usr/lib/python2.4

And also I have under '/usr/include'

/usr/include/python2.4

This is great because the standard 'include' dir is not populated with
many headers, but for petsc this would complicate things.

--
Lisandro Dalcín