petsc-dev directory structure questions

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 14 12:05:34 CST 2007

On further thought, I'm ok with merging conf and config - provided
'config' [which would be the new merged name for conf] would not have
any of the old $PETSC_DIR/python stuff. [i,e if it goes somewere into
$PETSC_DIR/src/foobar]

We currently have generated files anyway at
PETSC_ARCH/conf/[configure.py,petscconf,petscrules], so I guess
PETSC_DIR/config/[configure.py,linux-gnu.py,base,rules,..]  should be
equivalent.

With this, the curent user interface of ./config/configure.py
./config/linux-gnu.py would be unchanged.

Satish