petsc-dev directory structure questions

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 13 16:50:45 CST 2007

    Matt,

      This is a rational for the current set up (or perhaps more a
rationalization :-))
The reason for merging is for others attempting to understand our
system; all the little complications add up to a system that is
overwhelming
to other people so in my mind anything that reduces the complications is
good thing (so long as it doesn't screw up other things).

   Does anyone else have comments?

    Barry