PETSc 2.3.2/2.3.3 'forward' compatibility

S V N Vishwanathan vishy at mail.rsise.anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 16 06:00:26 CDT 2007

Hi!

> Perhaps a small set of you know I'm actively developing PETSc for
> Python (petsc4py). Currently, petsc4py can be built and used with
> PETSc versions 2.3.2 / 2.3.3 / DEV. As you know, PETSc evolves fast
> and introduces backward incompatible interface changes in each
> release. I'm particularly happy with this, as the library is always
> getting better and better.

We would also like to take this opportunity to promote our python
bindings for PETSc as a part of the Elefant
(http://elefant.developer.nicta.com.au) project. Unlike other approaches
which "hand-code" the bindings our process is completely automated and
build on the fly from the latest and greatest PETSc sources. We are more
than happy to contribute it back to the PETSc source tree if there is
interest.

vishy

-----
Sale promotions don't.