petsc-dev recompile needed

Mathieu Taillefumier taillefu at mpi-halle.mpg.de
Fri Jun 30 04:39:23 CDT 2006

Good morning everybody,

I finished to modify the code of the library in order to compile the
complex version with a C compiler. A few numbers of files have been
modified. This modifications include a modification of the file
language.py where I put in comment two lines forcing to compile the
library with a c++ compiler. Since I don't really know python, I just
put them as a comment, but i think it is better to put a message
indicating that compiling the complex version of Petsc needs a C90
compliant compiler (gcc 3.4 and after work, it works also with icc) and
is experimental. Actually I am working with this modifications and it
seems to work like a charm (I had no problem with it).
I still need some time to convert the example programs which do not
compile but it will be done soon.
Note for all of us :
    Don't use the name I as a variable anymore. It is a reserved word of
the language.
    For most of us, the modifications must be transparent.

Regards

Mathieu